Monday, January 3, 2011

2011: Newness and its opposite

I am writing this down as a way of giving myself the motivation to actually do it.

My goal is to revamp this blog. The store is dead, long live the store. There were a lot of great things about it, and a few not-so-great things. Now, for better or worse, it is history.

But the blog can still exist, in and of itself. I mean, it has VERY low overhead cost, so even I can't run it into the ground. ... Right?

Kidding.

In all seriousness, my plan is to continue to blog about music--some local, some not. Do some reviews of albums, do some off-the-cuff essay type stuff about the things I love about music in general, or certain pieces of music. Perhaps some of you will continue to read it. I hope so. And, by all means, if you have ideas for topics for me to tackle, serve 'em up. I just might take you up on them.

Currently listening to a compilation I put together for a friend of some of my favorites from 2010: Spoon, Harlem, Crystal Castles, Efterklang...to name a few.

I love that about mixes and playlists--putting seemingly disparate songs together can make you hear each of them in a whole new way.

While I did put together this compilation of some favorites, I have been thinking I might bow out on the idea of doing any definitive Year-End lists...though I might change my mind. If I was doing a list of best lyrics of the year, though, the following would definitely be near the top:

"Someday soon you'll be on fire / and you'll ask me for a glass of water / I'll say "No-o-o-ooo" / You can just let that shit burn." -Harlem, "Someday Soon"


Anyway, whatever. I'm done. For now.

n

No comments:

Post a Comment